How to Take Control of Your Online Reputation
Professional reputation services are designed to help businesses monitor and improve the reputation of their brands online.
If your business has been subject to negative reviews or angry customer testimonials, then you know how damaging that messaging can be.
Negative posts about your business can:
- Kill your website traffic
- Drag down your sales
- Tarnish a previously golden brand
- Weigh down your bottom line for years to come
If you’re not familiar with the idea of search engine reputation, then you might not realize how much Internet comments can hurt your business.
But as we outline below, those seemingly harmless messages can become your worst enemy. And they could steadily chip away at your business if you don’t use proactive reputation services to correct it.
Why do you need Reputation Services?
Analysts estimate that 93% of web traffic now originates from search engines.
That means that the vast majority of people who visit your websites are probably coming from sites like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Sometimes they search for your actual name. Other times, they search for terms related to your business or products. But in both cases, the search results that Google displays are the driving force behind your visitors.
- So, what happens when those search results contain negative messaging about your business?
- Imagine what visitors think when they see words like “RIP OFF” attached to your brand.
- What would you do if you searched for “ABC Company” and the #2 result said “SCAM?” Would you still have the same amount of trust in that company?
- Think of how your reputation could be affected if tens, hundreds or thousands of people are seeing these bad search results each month?
Those pesky comments don’t seem so harmless anymore, do they?
Without implementing professional reputation services, this exact scenario puts every business at risk. Even if you don’t operate primarily online, angry consumers will still flock to the Internet to voice their frustrations after a bad experience.
Once those testimonials are found by Google (which can happen in a matter of hours, depending on where the comments are posted), that’s when things take a turn for the worse.
Effects of a Tarnished Online Reputation
Damaging search-engine suggestions can have both immediate and long-term effects on your business. And the worst part is: the older the messaging is, the more difficult it becomes to remove if you’re not using ongoing reputation services to clean it up.
Here’s what happens:
- They stop visiting your site.
Once the bad suggestions begin to appear prominently in Google, they stifle your organic traffic. That’s because today’s consumers make their buying decisions in the blink of an eye. If they see something bad about you, it only takes a split second to click a competitor’s link instead.
- They stop buying from you.
Fewer visitors equals fewer sales. It’s that simple. Whether you sell online or through a brick-and-mortar shop, you will start to see a noticeable drop-off in customers – all because of the negative reviews that are essentially telling people to “stay away.”
- They lose trust in you.
In the long term, more people will question your business. Even if they don’t remember exactly what they read, they’ll have a negative association with your brand. This loss in trust can have devastating long-term effects on a business – especially when these consumers share what they read with their friends and family.
Clean up your Online Reputation before it’s too late!
FreshReputation is a professional reputation management company that can help you improve your online reputation dramatically.
Our reputation services enable you to clean up the negative messaging that appears about you in the major search engines. Based on proprietary technology developed by our SEO teams at FreshRankings, our reputation systems are an indispensable tool for businesses in every industry.
How it works:
- Our skilled Internet Reputation Management Specialists aggressively promote positive content for your business. This could be content added to your own website or through outside sources.
- The heavy promotion of positive content serves two key roles: 1) It outweighs negative suggestions, removing them from sight of people searching for you, and 2) It builds a better public perception of your business online.
- Every month, we take snapshots of search engine results that contain terms that are damaging your brand.
- We continue to bury those terms, effectively removing them from search results and blocking them from coming back.
Our reputation services are based on the same SEO technology that has helped our clients skyrocket their organic traffic and increase their annual profits by millions of dollars.
Once you get started, you’ll have real-time access to our FreshMetrics™ analytics system, letting you view your progress, dates when terms have been removed, increases in organic traffic to your site and more.
Most importantly, your reputation is restored, improved, and defended against negative search suggestions for as long as you use our reputation services. Partner with us today to see how our online reputation management tools can help your business.