Why You Must Keep an Eye on Your Internet Reputation
ATTN Businesses: If you’re not using reputation monitoring to keep track of your Internet reputation, then you may not realize how badly your brand is being attacked online.
- Do you know what customers are saying about you online?
- Are you aware of how many negative comments have been posted about your business?
- Do you know how those negative comments are impacting your bottom line?
- Are you unsure how to remove negative messages so that others don’t see them?
These days, the Internet can be an extremely volatile place for negative comments, reviews and testimonials about businesses.
If you’re not keeping a watchful eye over what people are saying, then those comments could be snowballing into a firestorm of negative sentiment for your brand.
In fact, even just one bad review can have serious consequences once it’s posted online for millions of people to discover:
- Significant decrease in traffic to your website
– Fewer leads generated; fewer calls to your business
– Drop in sales revenue – immediate and long-term
– A tarnished brand reputation that could take years to fix
This is why more and more businesses are using reputation monitoring from a professional reputation management company. When implemented correctly, these reputation systems allow businesses to not only monitor their Internet reputation but also take steps toward improving it.
Why You Need Reputation Monitoring
Sadly, too many businesses assume they don’t need reputation monitoring because “the problem will work itself out” in the long term.
This couldn’t be more false.
Damaging Internet comments can have a seriously lasting effect on businesses. Negative reviews don’t go away. They continue to build. And, if the business doesn’t actively clean up that messaging, it becomes even more difficult to remove in the long term
Let’s take a closer look at exactly how your online reputation could be damaged when you don’t use reputation services:
1. It starts with one bad comment.
Let’s say that a customer has a bad experience with your business. It doesn’t matter whose fault it was or whether the issue was later resolved. This customer was so furious, he decided to write a scathing review about you in an online forum.
2. Harsh terms are instantly attached to your business.
The angry customer used words like “Ripped off” and “Don’t trust them!” – which become instantly associated with your brand name, able to be found by anyone online. Worse yet, that review will probably stay on the Internet forever.
3. It spreads like wildfire.
That single comment gets shared across other forums and on social media sites like Facebook. Before long, thousands of people have seen those harsh words attached to your business.
4. Google finds it and puts it in search results.
This is where it gets really bad. The major search engines discover the angry review (and all the buzz about it) with their automated Web crawlers. The review gets indexed by Google automatically and then appears prominently in its search results.
5. When people search for your business, they see the bad stuff.
Now, whenever anyone searches for your business in Google or for keywords related to your products, they see those negative comments and instantly lose trust in you. Accordingly, they don’t visit your website, and they shop somewhere else instead.
If you previously received a lot of organic traffic from search engines, those numbers begin to drop dramatically.
As more people see those negative search results, the entire public perception of your business begins to change, and it begins to hurt your revenue too. For larger businesses, this damage can amount to millions of dollars in losses – all resulting from the comments that angry customers posted online.
If you had been using reputation monitoring, all of this could have been prevented.
Start Monitoring your Online Reputation today.
FreshReputation can help you keep a watchful eye on your online reputation while also cleaning up the terms that are hurting your business.
Our proprietary reputation monitoring technology helps businesses control the messaging that appears about their brand in Google, Bing and Yahoo. Developed by the SEO experts at FreshRankings, our reputation systems effectively remove negative search suggestions by aggressively promoting positive content for your business.
Month after month, we monitor the major search engines for negative terms that are being attached to your business. We take snapshots of these results to identify which areas to target, while keeping you informed on progress.
- Heavy promotion of positive content for your business
- Negative comments are removed from sight in Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Ongoing reputation monitoring and customized repair strategies
- FreshMetrics™ analytics system lets you monitor results and dates when terms are cleared up
- Based on proprietary technology developed by our US-based SEO firm
Our strategies have helped businesses restore their Internet reputation while also dramatically increasing their website traffic and profits.
Take action now to see how our reputation monitoring can help protect your business from harmful Internet messaging.