How to Remove Negative Messaging About Your Brand
Your online reputation has a major impact on the performance of your business.
If affects what people think of you. It affects whether or not they buy from you. And it effects what they tell their friends about you.
If you’ve experienced negative messaging about your brand on the Internet, then you know the impact it can have on business.
- Negative comments often get pushed to the top of Google results.
- People searching for your business see those comments and think twice about doing business with you.
- Even if comments are completely false, prospective customers will see them as true.
- As long as those comments continue to appear, you’re losing business.
Why your Online Reputation matters
In today’s web-centric world, an estimated 93% of Internet traffic comes from search.
Now more than ever, consumers are going online to find the products and services they need. Not only that, they are using the Internet to research your business and make informed decisions before they buy.
If your online reputation has been tarnished, then it is absolutely driving people away.
Even just one rogue comment can have a lasting effect on a business. When words like “Scam” or “Never buying from them again!” are attached to your business, they serve as bright red flags to all other potential customers.
It only takes one comment like that to scare away tens, hundreds or even thousands of prospects each year. And the worst part is: if you’re not actively monitoring your Web reputation, then you’re probably not even aware of what’s happening.
Sales are tanking, but why?
Every week, businesses all over the world are being hurt by a damaged online reputation. From small local businesses to global enterprises, these organizations begin losing customers dramatically – and they often have no idea why.
Sadly, even businesses that have no website can be hurt by what people are saying about them online.
Here’s how – take a look at this example:
- “XYZ Plumbers” is a hugely successful plumbing business based in Philadelphia.
- XYZ has no website, but their customer base has been increasing for decades.
- Recently, an angry customer was unhappy with the cost of his repairs.
- This customer went online to call XYZ a “rip-off” on every business listing site he could find.
- Within weeks, those “rip-off” comments began appearing at the top of Google, any time someone searched “XYZ Plumbers” or even broader terms like “plumbers in Philadelphia.”
- Phone calls to XYZ dropped off dramatically – and the staff had no idea why.
See what happened?
As people began searching for XYZ Plumbers, they saw the “rip-off” comments and made an immediate decision not to do business. Instead, they called a competing company.
It doesn’t matter what the whole story was behind the “rip-off” comment. It was enough to scare off those web searchers and leave XYZ in the dust.
You have just seconds to make a good impression
Above, we used an example of a business that had no website. But let’s say you have a much larger online presence. You have a vast website, blog, social media pages, portals and so on.
But even with all that great content about your business, it only takes one bad comment to kill your online reputation.
Today’s web searchers make their buying decisions in just seconds. They search, they see a bad review, they choose someone else. It happens that fast.
Often, people won’t even click on the “bad” search result to learn more. Just seeing that tiny snippet “scam – do not do business!” is enough to make them think your business is questionable.
And in most cases, you can’t do anything to dispute these claims. They become etched in Internet stone, forever tarnishing the reputation of your business.
Take action now – before it’s too late!
Using proprietary technology developed by our FreshRankings SEO division, we can put negative messaging about your business out of sight.
How we do it:
1) FreshReputation aggressively promotes positive content about brands, products or services online. This could mean optimizing content you already have or creating new content targeted to your prospective customers.
2) By promoting this positive content, the negative search results get pushed out of sight, buried so deep in search results that they become virtually unseen by anyone who searches for you.
3) We use a highly detailed measuring process to ensure all negative suggestions are being addressed. Each month, we take screenshots of search results that contain negative messaging for critical search terms on Google, Bing and Yahoo.
4) You can monitor the progress of our efforts in our FreshMetrics analytics system, giving you a full view of our online reputation management processes and how they are resulting in positive growth for your business.
Defend your brand starting today
Damaging comments about your brand can have a lasting effect on your business. The longer the comment has appeared in search results, the more difficult it becomes to remove.
That is why it’s critical to take action immediately.
Get in touch with us today to see how FreshReputation can help remove those negative suggestions and give your business the solid online reputation it deserves.