Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home3/fresher/public_html/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building-v-2-1/internal_link_building.php on line 118
How to Protect & Improve Your Online Reputation
In the old days, corporate reputation management was a relatively simple strategy…
You could 1) simply wait for consumers to forget the bad things they saw about your business in newspapers and on TV; or 2) hire a PR firm to help you improve the public’s perception of your brand.
Today, however, the global marketplace is much more complex. The Internet has totally changed the way that consumers think and feel about your business.
- Angry customers take to the Web to criticize your business
- Negative comments become viral and visible to millions of consumers
- Bad sentiment grows out of control in social media, forums and review sites
- Damaging messages begin to appear at the top of search results in Google, Yahoo & Bing
- Your tarnished reputation has devastating effects on your business performance
Even just one single bad comment can begin to negatively impact your bottom line, especially when it becomes more visible in search engines.
But unlike old-fashioned newspapers and TV news reports, those comments don’t become distant memories as time goes by. Once they’re on the Internet, they are typically stuck there forever, able to be found by potential customers for years.
If you’re not implementing a web-focused corporate reputation management strategy, then you’re putting your business at risk. In fact, your reputation may already be getting attacked online, and you might not even realize it.
Online reputation management services are designed to help businesses defend their brand in the extremely volatile Internet marketplace.
In general, you do not have any power over what consumers say about you online. When consumers have a not-so-good experience with your products, services, or even your staff, they are very likely to post about it online. You have no control over this.
➜ You can’t stop consumers from writing angry reviews and testimonials.
➜ You can’t delete those comments when they are posted on outside websites.
➜ You can’t prevent people from sharing their bad experiences on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
➜ You can’t take back the harmful effects of a negative story that has gone viral.
You can do your best to mitigate the issue by directly addressing individual comments and sharing “your side” of the story and your attempts to resolve the issues. But that still won’t stop those damaging comments from being found online.
In order to effectively prevent those comments from being found by other potential customers in the future, then you need a way to control the visibility of the comments themselves.
That’s where online corporate reputation management comes in.
Go After the Culprit: Bad Search Results!
You might not immediately think of Google or Yahoo as being the “culprit” behind your tarnished reputation.
Sure, it’s the angry consumer who started it. But once the major search engines begin to prominently display those negative messages in their search results, that’s when things go bad.
An effective corporate reputation management system can help make sure those comments are out of sight from the people searching for your business in Google.
Why are search results so harmful? Think about it:
- Every day, people search for your business online, or for keywords that are related to your products.
- Negative reviews can easily appear at the top of these results, especially if they have been on the Internet for a while, are heavily clicked on, or are linked from all over the Internet.
- Those negative suggestions often contain words like “scam,” “rip-off” or “stay away” – which stifle your organic traffic.
- Your potential customers see those bad search results, lose trust in you, and immediately choose to visit another site.
- This scenario could be repeating itself several times a day, causing you to lose hundreds of potential customers, month after month.
When implemented correctly, web-focused corporate reputation management can help you prevent people from finding those damaging testimonials, while also improving your online reputation overall.
A Fresh Approach with Outstanding Results
FreshReputation is a web-focused corporate reputation management system that helps you protect your company reputation in the online marketplace.
Based on the proprietary technology and proven SEO strategies developed by FreshRankings, FreshReputation helps you control the messaging that appears about your business in search results.
- We aggressively promote positive content to outweigh the negative on major search engines.
- Negative suggestions are effectively removed from sight of people searching for your business.
- Even after bad terms are cleaned up, we keep pushing more positive content to improve the public’s perception of your brand and prevent negative suggestions from coming back.
As part of ongoing reputation monitoring, we take screenshots for all terms that show negative results and re-adjust our strategy to ensure everything is cleaned up.
Clients get real-time access to our FreshMetrics™ interface, which shows the results of our efforts, including dates when targeted tags have been removed, as well as increases in organic traffic to your website.
Our SEO-based strategies have helped clients triple their profits, seeing increases of millions of dollars in less than a year. Partner with us and see how our corporate reputation management system can help your business restore its online reputation.