How Google Results Could Be Hurting Your Business
A clean company reputation is essential to the long-term success of your business.
Without it, customers lose trust in you. They stop buying from you. They choose your competitors. And some may vow to never do business with you again.
- Have you noticed a drop-off in sales revenue?
- Are Internet users posting negative reviews about your business online?
- Do you worry your company reputation is being tarnished on the Internet?
- Have you found it impossible to remove damaging comments on independent sites?
You’re not alone. Now more than ever, businesses are being attacked on the Internet.
The rise of social media, review sites and Internet forums have made it easier than ever for consumers to criticize companies. Often, those criticisms spread like wildfire, burning the most rock-solid reputations and leaving businesses in the ashes.
If you sense your company reputation is being tarnished on the Internet, you must do something about it right away.
How Search Engines Damage Your Company Reputation
If you’re new to reputation management, then you may not think that search engines like Google or Yahoo could be directly responsible for damaging your reputation.
But, in fact, they play an extremely important role.
- When someone posts a negative review about your business online, search engines will index that page in their results.
- Once the negative review is indexed, it can be found by others who are searching for your business online.
- Over time, that negative review can become highly visible, often shooting to the top of search results.
- Now, when people search for your company, they clearly see that bad review.
- Those customers now become wary about doing business with you. They instantly lose trust in you, and they don’t hesitate to click on a competitor’s website.
If you have a high-traffic website, this same scenario can repeat itself hundreds or even thousands of times a day. You could be losing a huge chunk of your traffic, simply from that one negative review.
Damaging comments like this can have an extremely lasting effect, too. The negative messaging doesn’t just hurt your website traffic. It hurts your entire company reputation and changes the public’s perception of your business.
Plus, those negative comments can be very difficult to remove in the long term. The older they are, the harder it becomes to have them cleaned up. That’s why it’s critical that businesses implement an online reputation management strategy.
If you’ve ever tried to have negative reviews “deleted,” you’ve probably discovered how difficult it is.
Most independent websites won’t allow you to remove any content that their users have posted. This means that those bad reviews could stay there forever.
The only effective solution is to target the search engines themselves.
FreshReputation is a powerful SEO-based platform that helps businesses improve their online reputation by cleaning up the negative suggestions associated with their brands on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Developed by FreshRankings, a leading US-based search engine optimization company, FreshReputation gives you control over what people are saying – and seeing – about your business online.
What we do:
- Our proprietary technology aggressively promotes positive content for your business to outweigh the negative.
- Negative reviews and other harmful comments get pushed out of sight because of the heavy promotion of positive content.
- Now, when people search for you, they only see the positive, most relevant content for your business.
- After the negative suggestions are gone, we keep the momentum high to ensure they don’t come back.
Restore your reputation.
Every month, we take screenshots of search engine results that show negative suggestions for terms related to your business. These terms could be your company name or keywords related to your products and services.
We use the screenshots to identify which terms to target, and to keep you informed of progress. For our purposes, making a negative suggestion drop within search results represents a positive progression. The goal is to get those bad tags out of general visibility and prevent them from coming back.
We can typically gauge within the first 30 days how aggressively we’ll need to approach your campaign to clean up your company reputation within the search results. The time frame for progress varies depending on the frequency of searches for your terms, so there is no way to make an exact projection. However, we typically see a substantial difference within the first three months.
We strongly recommend keeping the momentum high even after negative terms have been cleaned up. When campaigns are stopped, there is no guarantee that those negative suggestions won’t come back. We’ll continue promoting positive content to prevent them from returning, which will reinforce your company reputation even further.
Get started immediately.
Don’t let your company reputation get railroaded by rogue Internet comments. Let FreshReputation help you take control of the situation before it gets worse.
Our reputation system is founded on the same technology that has helped businesses triple their profits in just 1 year.
Our experienced teams will get to know your business and will customize a reputation repair strategy that will restore your brand and help you reclaim the competitive edge in the marketplace.